Airwolf 3D Catapult
by airwolf3d, published
Here is a rendition of a truck/catapult combo.
The idea started when we bought a wooden toy from the hardware store that had to be glued and hammered together.
From scratch, we created the following design-enjoy!
You can read more about it at http://airwolf3d.com/blog/2012/10/16/download-and-3d-print-our-functioning-catapult/
Slice the stl file with your favorite slicer-we run one outer perimeters at 100mm/s and use 35% fill with Slic3r.
Note: Â No support is necessary if you have decent bridging ability. Â
- After the part is printed, use an exacto to trim as necessary.
- To clean up the holes (and make assembly easier), use appropriately sized drill bits.
- Thread 1 M4x25mm bolt through the catapult base (optional opening for M4 nut on the opposite side included).
- Then thread 4 M3x10mm bolts through the wheels and into the corresponding holes in the frame.
- Attach a rubber band around the catapult and bumper and you are good to go!
Be careful not to hurt yourself or anybody else - this a tough design that can launch items up to 20 feet!