Airwolf 3D Catapult
by airwolf3d, published
Here is a rendition of a truck/catapult combo.
The idea started when we bought a wooden toy from the hardware store that had to be glued and hammered together.
From scratch, we created the following design-enjoy!
You can read more about it at http://airwolf3d.com/blog/2012/10/16/download-and-3d-print-our-functioning-catapult/
Slice the stl file with your favorite slicer-we run one outer perimeters at 100mm/s and use 35% fill with Slic3r.
Note: Â No support is necessary if you have decent bridging ability. Â
- After the part is printed, use an exacto to trim as necessary.
- To clean up the holes (and make assembly easier), use appropriately sized drill bits.
- Thread 1 M4x25mm bolt through the catapult base (optional opening for M4 nut on the opposite side included).
- Then thread 4 M3x10mm bolts through the wheels and into the corresponding holes in the frame.
- Attach a rubber band around the catapult and bumper and you are good to go!
Be careful not to hurt yourself or anybody else - this a tough design that can launch items up to 20 feet!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Airwolf 3D Catapult by airwolf3d is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving airwolf3d a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure airwolf3d would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).