intensewalkera h copter 10mm v2.2 outdated please see version 5
by intensewalkera, published
intensewalkera h copter 10mm v2
very much a V2 prototype, lots to add and tweak. its end game is for it to be a FPV h-copter.
i thought id upload it anyway so youtube can reference this and thingiverse reference the youtube build.
as i edit things, i will ensure only the latest files are available to D/L
i have already altered them a fair bit, based on my own experiences in building it.
uploading it gives others a chance to add their bits and pieces to it and hopefully develop it alot faster
Recent Commentsview all
ok, ive added the drill template (ntm 10.4mm template) print that out and check how it fits on your carbon boom
and let me know. it should be a snug fit or close . :-| it will save me a lot of time if you opt for drilling and modding a bit. if you like how it all goes we can tweak things a little bit to suit your layout more, when i have more time.
its a case of getting it in the air first and take it from there, there is lots of room on the top deck so you can just mount the board on there as a temp measure, it will let me mod the files up much faster.
1. My carbon booms are 10.18mm +- 0.05mm
2. I'm not sure which flight controller to use. Can you make standard sizes for KK and or MWC boards?
If you don't want to adept it I can drill the holes myself, no problem there.
3. 4s but I want to use at least 10" maybe 11" props, could that work with a GoPro mount regarding space?
5. You could make a plain version for all kinds of mounts, holes are drilled very fast :)
ok, ive just looked at my v4 12mm version files (still work in progress) and they will take a bit of work to give you a hybrid 10mm version. so things i need from you so i dont have to keep reworking the files.
1. a very accurate measurement of the carbon or shs tubes you have. (crucial for the tight fit) -
i will mod a motor mount first, then you can trial fit this on your booms and see how it fits- saves on printing big pieces, only to discover the fit up is bad.
2. whats your flight controller, mine is optimised more for the naza. ie the hcopter depth. if u have something smaller like a kk2 board, then i can reduce the height and provide a hole pattern for the board.
3. this never version is shorter than previous version and is based on a 4s battery and 9 inch props.
4. measure the battery size, so i can optimise the battery support to suit your setup, i run fairly large battery sizes which dont suit alot of people.
5. the front end will be reworked to suit the older gopro mount, its not a perfect solution, but it will be effective for a first build.
let me know the above and i wil be able to drip feed you parts over the week. yours will be a bit of a frankenstein
hcopter, but it shouldnt effect the flying and as i mod my 12 mm version up i will try keep the 10 mm version updated too if needed
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
new motor mount design and drill template to suit a dt750 hextronik motor specifically,
due to the previous one not being an exact fit. use washers and locknuts when attaching anything to the pla, added clearances to suit no recessed bolts.
New revisions done v2.1
revised battery tray added, allows for a standard 45mm centres controller board to be added, in either diagonal or parallel orientation. 100mm long. just to give the hcopter a top cover of sorts. also allows wires from esc to pass through.
print out all the parts and follow my build along guide on youtube.
print the motor mounts @ 100%
print the rest at about 35%
main build list
printed PLA ultimaker parts
Hextronik dt750 motors
25/30a esc with bec (bec makes it easier to configure)
10x10x1mm wt aluminium SHS (see below for lengths)
2x450 Lg for the motor mounts (400 Lg if you use the PLA motor mounts)
2x405 Lg for the vertical body parts
flight controller (i use the DJI Naza, expensive but excellent)
receiver - Number of channels depends on your choice of flight controller
transmitter - choice is endless
Lipo battery pack - i use a 3 cell 5000mah (slightly too big and heavy, but it works)
any questions on parts - let me know
very much a prototype.
i am currently updating my youtube channel with the build along videos. see below links
see also my build of the 12mm version that is already flying.
youtu.be/FBC-_da_Ouw (flying video)
Good luck, happy building.
part One youtu.be/dqfytvaih7Q
part Two youtu.be/fmkqBXoWLpk
part Three youtu.be/LDpLas81opk
part Four youtu.be/4MUHTG4rHLY
part Five youtu.be/TVFiv-4V1e0
part Six youtu.be/YynOU_Xmvbc
part Seven youtu.be/Sw6BV9lq3xs (test flying video)
youtu.be/9pEdYtSSs6Q flying video
youtu.be/a9RgYFOY9Y8 flying video
the stl files will differ slightly to my build video, due to the fact i have updated them as needed, i also added a gopro specific mount on the latter files. lots more updates to come, as and when time and testing allows. :-)
things to do- LOTS
You must be logged in to post a comment.