Replacement Fan Knob
by maurerpe, published
Replacement knob for variable speed fan, for D shaped attachment. Includes ridges on the outside for easier grip.
I hate throwing away a perfectly good thing just because one small part breaks. This is a perfect example. The fan worked fine, in fact the knob broke off in the "high" position, so plugging and unplugging the fan worked, even if a hassle and slightly dangerous.
This is where 3D printing shines. We are no longer at the mercy of large companies and parts resellers that discontinue or obsolete parts all the time. We can print our own parts and fix our own things.
1) Measure your busted knob and/or the fan
2) Enter the parameters in the attached .scad file
3) Render and Print
4) Install on Fan
5) Use a sharpie to labels the speeds and settings.
6) Cool off
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Replacement Fan Knob by maurerpe is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure maurerpe would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).