Ikea Dioder Clip for Replicator
by Hammerhead, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Modified mount clips for Ikea Dioder lighting to enable strips to be affixed internally in the Replicator frame.
This model is based on a combination of designs from txoof (Thing 98691) and hullo3d (Thing 32373). I wanted the LED strips to be INTERNAL to the Replicator frame, and light the build platform from both top and front, maximizing the output from the strips, protecting them from accidental damage, reducing glare, and maintaining the aesthetic of the machine.
Most importantly, this method does not interfere with any method of enclosing the build platform with plexi so that you can still use any clips or mounts on the top, front and sides of the machine.
1) Print 8 clips either individually or use plated file with no infill and single wall to help aid flexibility. These aren't heavy duty parts, so you don't need much to hold the LED strips. Depending on tolerances, you might need to slide clips onto Dioder strips from the end - they can be a tight fit.
2) Cut one side of the adhesive foam provided by Ikea in half, apply each segment to the flat side of the clip.
3) Position LED strips to the left and right short sides of the front and sides, sliding clips to adjust for opening, carefully positioning wired ends above Replicator (drive rail) shafts.
4) Follow existing wiring to snake Dioder leads through existing Makerbot wire clips so that they reach underneath machine, use twist ties to take up slack.
5) Mount transformer and 4-way plug under Replicator deck frame using remaining foam strips.
Ikea Dioder Clip for Replicator by Hammerhead is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Hammerhead a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Hammerhead would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).