by blecheimer, published
Due to the recent incidents (things appearing on ebay) I just want to make something very clear:
I do not allow any commercial use of my STL-files, my designs and my photos!
As I have now a Micro Dumper ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:32773 ) I need something to play with. And what matches a Dumper? Right - an excavator.
My Micro Digger is 25 x 25 x 23 mm (1 x 1 x 0.9 in) and has a fully working arm. It comes with two shovels. One is a standard shovel and the other one can be opened.
I never liked those axis pins. They are always to loose or it is too hard to push them in. So I design new pins with a flexible clamping zone ("flex pins.stl"). Give them a try.
I just added a plated version of the STL-files for more convinient printing.
I added three new STLs wiht bigger holes and slots for those how have problems with a too tight fit of the parts.
- Print all parts
I use 0.4mm wallthicknes, 0.1mm layer and 100% infill.
- Deburr all parts
- Assemble all parts
- All parts can be snaped together, but this depends on the shrinkage of your PLA and how well your printer is calibrated.
If necessary grind the parts that are hard to assemble
- If some parts are too small (e.g. the pins) try to print them at a larger scale (e.g. 102%) until they have a tight fit.
- The shovels are difficult to print. Print them slowly and at a low temperature. (e.g. 40mm/s @195Â°C)
- Maybe you like to add some paint
- Open your own construction site!
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Micro Digger by blecheimer is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
We're sure blecheimer would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).