Loading

iPad Mini Holder, Cradle, Dock (Landscape)

by i3Dnaked, published

iPad Mini Holder, Cradle, Dock (Landscape) by i3Dnaked Oct 30, 2012

Description

Fixed the measurements and it prints nicely now.

This is an iPad Mini Holder, Cradle, Dock (basic shape)
Designed for you to do your own customizations and mounting options for a care cradle, desk dock, wall mount.

Recent Comments

view all

Try http://www.busybotz.com.
He is authorized to sell my creations.

Do u make this to sell? I need something just like this for a car project

Same here, it is too tight for my iPad. I fixed it however with my little Dremel. Though, it's probably better to redraw it and make it a bit wider as the edges are a bit rough now and I'm afraid it will scratch the screen. I also designed a little add-on that allows it to be fitted onto a Hama car-mount. I might publish it if anybody is interested.

More from Tablet

view more

Liked By

view all

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

I designed this to mount with 3M VHB tape on the back, but drill a few holes and you can use screws.
I had to change the orientation to 45 degrees relative to the build platform to make it print.
It fits the iPad Mini perfectly and securely.
I am using this as a mount in my vehicle so I can use the iPad mini as a music and Navigation system.
Enjoy.
I will make a Portrait version next.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Lcluvinlife on Nov 10, 2013 said:

Do u make this to sell? I need something just like this for a car project

i3Dnaked on Nov 11, 2013 said:

Try http://www.busybotz.com.
He is authorized to sell my creations.

nmeulemans on Aug 28, 2013 said:

Same here, it is too tight for my iPad. I fixed it however with my little Dremel. Though, it's probably better to redraw it and make it a bit wider as the edges are a bit rough now and I'm afraid it will scratch the screen. I also designed a little add-on that allows it to be fitted onto a Hama car-mount. I might publish it if anybody is interested.

apexio on Apr 30, 2013 said:

The fit is too tight for my iPad Mini. But it also has a bit of distortion during the print. I think the next one I'm going to print flat, instead of standing up.

In fact, considering the forces involved, one printed standing up seems likely to split...

i3Dnaked on Apr 30, 2013 said:

I didn't have an issue with the print.

Let me know if it prints better on the back.

You also might want to adjust for your filament thickness. If you are printing on .5 mm nozzle, scale up 1mm. I printed on .35mm

Top