Ultimaker mount for Heavy Duty Spool
by fluxline, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a mounting for the Ultimaker to fit the Heavy duty printable filament spool, thing thingiverse.com/thing:10219. It attaches to the back, left, top frame bolt. It also has a printed thread cap to make it easy to change spools. The spacer not only allows the spool to sit away from the frame but you can also just print a different size for other spool types, there is also a shorter version to mount 2 spools.
02.11.12: Updated mount to fit rod better
09.11.12: Added a holder for filamant shipped with spools, there is also a longer rod to hold these fat spools, both plastic and cardboard
16.12.12: Some have issues with reel hitting motor, made it longer by 50mm to increase clearance. Would be helpful if someone could confirm this fixes the problem. Listed as Fluxline_Spool_mount_V2.stl
02.04.13: Some had issues with some filament spools hitting the extruder. I have added a new, V3 spool mount that shifts the rod more the side giving about as much clearance as you can have.
- bolt the rod to the back of the mount, using countersink screw or bolt is best.
- slide spacer over rod
- remove back, left top bolt of frame, slide hook of mount over frame aligning holes and replace existing screw with 20mm. Best to carve out a bit of countersink on the printed mount depending on what type of bolt you replace it with.
- Put on a spool with filament and secure with cap.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Ultimaker mount for Heavy Duty Spool by fluxline is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving fluxline a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure fluxline would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).