Loading

Folding mobile phone stand

by gpvillamil, published

Folding mobile phone stand by gpvillamil Nov 2, 2012

Description

This is a little mobile phone stand, designed to fold into a compact package (about 2" x 2" x 1/4").

Works with just about any mobile phone and case, and if it doesn't, feel free to alter the OpenSCAD file!

Recent Comments

view all

Tried printing this using Repetier... used the dual file, but it only seemed to print one side :S I'm sure i used the right file, the 3D view shows two "combs"

Using Slic3r to generate gCode has errors saying the part is not manifold. Even if I regenerate the STL from the scad, I get the same error. Very odd.

Should be possible, but using a nut and bolt lets you adjust the friction in the hinge.

More from Mobile Phone

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

Tags

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Update: The print plate now has the two parts side by side - it was very difficult to separate the interleaved print. The object has been modified with more, thinner, arms and a small "bushing" to provide friction in the hinge.

Alternatively you can print the long arms and short arms separately, using the appropriate STL files.

Line up the pieces so the screw holes line, and thread an M3 50mm bolt through. Put an M3 nut on the other end and tighten it to pull the nut into the recess. You're done!

The stand has two positions - open the shorter arms 90 degrees, and it works well for phones in landscape orientation. Keep moving the short arms around to 270 degrees, and you can rest the phone on them, best for portrait orientation.

You can adjust the tolerances for your machine in the OpenSCAD file, look for the variable 'spacing'. You may need to adjust the arm thickness too.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Eirinn on Oct 22, 2013 said:

Tried printing this using Repetier... used the dual file, but it only seemed to print one side :S I'm sure i used the right file, the 3D view shows two "combs"

jbrown123 on Aug 17, 2013 said:

Using Slic3r to generate gCode has errors saying the part is not manifold. Even if I regenerate the STL from the scad, I get the same error. Very odd.

Lenbok on Nov 3, 2012 said:

Presumably you can use a piece of 3mm filament as the hinge instead of an M3 bolt?

gpvillamil on Nov 13, 2012 said:

Should be possible, but using a nut and bolt lets you adjust the friction in the hinge.

Top