Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Replicator Rear Riser
by Hammerhead, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A more elegant back panel for your Replicator, derived from the original MBI part files. I designed this in a fit of OCD, having smudged the screen printed ink on the original plywood riser. There are two versions of the riser plate - one for decorative use, and a second file with screw/nut relief for those of you who wish to use this model to replace (rather than just cover) their rear riser panel.
1) Print riser base with 10% infill, 1 shell. I used Sailfish at 120mm/s and it turned out just fine, though with some curling after printing the art on top, probably due to the temperature differential.
2) Print second file (art) with 100% infill at 60mm/s, but be sure file is elevated from build platform by 3.825mm so that it prints ON TOP of the riser base. For those of you who are NOT using dual extrusion, see the note below regarding the offset file.
3) Adhere panel to your existing riser with double-sided tape, or using the panel with reliefs for bolt/nut, remove existing and replace with new.
NOTE: You will see there are five separate files:
- repriserdisp - a consolidated file for the purposes of display here at Thingiverse. Final build will consist of two of the below files - repriser and one of the art files.
- repriser - the riser base only
- repriserko - riser base with knockouts for bolts/nuts (uploaded a corrected version of .21" depth for better fit)
- riserart - the separate art to layer on top of the riser panel.
- riseroffset - depending on your machine and how well your software works, you may need to use the 'riser-offset' file, which prints a small rectangle .5" offset away from the base so that the extruder head doesn't collide with the edge of the riser panel as it elevates at the beginnning of the print cycle.
Replicator Rear Riser by Hammerhead is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Hammerhead a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Hammerhead would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).