by laird, published
Inspired by the MakerBelt, but loving OpenSCAD, what was I to do? I wrote a script to generate belts!
Aside from being parametric, the belt is also different in that the end snaps onto the beginning, so you can join multiple belts into one huge belt.
Print the belt as-is if you wear a 32" belt.
parametric-belt-lap.stl is a belt that's 32 inches long. It fills a Replicator plate.
parametric-belt-lap-t4.stl is a short segment of 3 links plus one link that can be clipped onto the longer belt.
Or edit the OpenSCAD script's parameters to do things like:
- Make the belt wider, taller or longer.
- Make the belt links square instead of circular.
- Cover more area, if you have a larger print area.
Might make an interesting tank tread as well. :-)
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric MakerBelt by laird is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure laird would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).