Loading

Exposed Pots

by MakeALot, published

Exposed Pots by MakeALot Nov 7, 2012

Featured Thing!

Description

Interestingly shaped pots.

Recent Comments

view all
I used Alibre Design.
Very nice. How did you model these?
Yes, a little difficult to level at first, but fine now. In general, I'm getting good results.  These (this and Big Ben) are printed on the Medium setting (0.27 mm layer height, 10% infill) at 120 mm/s.

I also had a lose screw in the extruder which gave me spurious results initially, but that's sorted out now and it works very well.

I did try the High resolution setting for one print which suffered a little from poor adhesion between layers, this has been addressed in the latest firmware.

I could have printed them 150% scale, but I thought I'd keep them to the 100 x 100 x 120 T-o-M build platform so more people can print them

I did print a combined platform of parts that I previously had to print separably, one of them is 80 x 170 and it didn't suffer any curling at the edges.  Something I could never print in ABS on my modified T-o-M.

More from Containers

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all
Adam and I
Steampunk Single Digit Nixie Clock II

Tags

License

Exposed Pots by MakeALot is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print, fill.
Very nice. How did you model these?
I used Alibre Design.
Are those the first prints out of the Replicator 2?
Yes, a little difficult to level at first, but fine now. In general, I'm getting good results.  These (this and Big Ben) are printed on the Medium setting (0.27 mm layer height, 10% infill) at 120 mm/s.

I also had a lose screw in the extruder which gave me spurious results initially, but that's sorted out now and it works very well.

I did try the High resolution setting for one print which suffered a little from poor adhesion between layers, this has been addressed in the latest firmware.

I could have printed them 150% scale, but I thought I'd keep them to the 100 x 100 x 120 T-o-M build platform so more people can print them

I did print a combined platform of parts that I previously had to print separably, one of them is 80 x 170 and it didn't suffer any curling at the edges.  Something I could never print in ABS on my modified T-o-M.
Top