Loading

Batman

by Moceri, published

Batman by Moceri Nov 8, 2012

Description

Follow me & my projects: twitter.com/MoceriMike
_________________________________________________

As noted from another user, this was an export from one of the Batman Arkham games. The original model from the game had many intersections and multiple shells that affect the slicing/printing process. I fixed and re-meshed the original so that it would be compatible with FFF/FDM style printing using Netfabb and meshmixer.

I AM BATMAN
youtu.be/1xfS5K6L5s0

Recent Comments

view all
Yup! It is from the game, did't mean to make it as if I designed it from scratch! What I did for the model was remove all the other internal geometry and re-mesh to make it FDM 3D printable. Having all the intersecting shells would be a nightmare for slicing/printing. This was an experiment for me to see if I could export in game models to a printable format. Hope that clarifies, cheers!
I think you should be honest and say where the mesh came from. This is a direct rip from the Batman Game, Arkham. 3200 downloads and not one person even questioned it, which is worrying. imgur.com/2gd42ut
Hi, i made one. See photo. But as you can see someting went wrong. Do you know what caused this stange BATman? Same problem as Tangerine.

More from People

view more

Liked By

view all

Tags

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

1) scale
2) slice
**On my TOM I sliced at .2 layer height, 5% infill, 2 shells, 150mm/s speed WITH JETTY FIRMWARE 3.4**
3) print the Batman
4) BECOME THE BATMAN
I think you should be honest and say where the mesh came from. This is a direct rip from the Batman Game, Arkham. 3200 downloads and not one person even questioned it, which is worrying. imgur.com/2gd42ut
Yup! It is from the game, did't mean to make it as if I designed it from scratch! What I did for the model was remove all the other internal geometry and re-mesh to make it FDM 3D printable. Having all the intersecting shells would be a nightmare for slicing/printing. This was an experiment for me to see if I could export in game models to a printable format. Hope that clarifies, cheers!
Hi, i made one. See photo. But as you can see someting went wrong. Do you know what caused this stange BATman? Same problem as Tangerine.
How much does this batman bust weight?
Print(s) looks really good.
not sure it really needs higher poly count
What a nice model. Thanks for uploading!

I call my garage "batcave". Now it is a true batcave :)
nice work mate we need more batman and ironman on here
All of that wonderful work and it is faceted out the wazoo. :(

Great work.
No worries, I'll fix it!
Cool Beans.  I have that issue on my models and it is because the STL format sucks.  I really hate the format but that is all we have and the thing is if you make a hi-resolution model with, lets say, 1million polys, the STL format gets holes and other anomalies in it when you convert from a nurb to the triangles.  Going from a poly to a poly (like Cinema4D or Maya, etc...) and the original is water tight I suspect it would be fine but I use Solidworks which uses NURBS so I am limited in the conversion process.
Top