by CentaurDesign, published
A zelda object. Designed in Sketchup by Scott L., a grade 11 student.
We weren't sure if we could get away with "no support". Our bridging is okay but the biggest gap is slightly over 1cm.
The one pictured was printed using ABS Plastic on a Replicator G with 2 shells, 220 degree print temperature, no support, and a 40% infill.
We also tried another print with 1 shell and 225 degree print temperature and it turned out to look approximately the same as the 2 shell lower temp. print.
We did have an issue with the bridge and a few filaments fell away, but after trimming them off it still looks pretty good overall.
Update: Tried a variant of the shape and printed using glow in the dark ABS with 15% infill, 1 shell and 225 degree print temperature. See extra images. This one solved the bridging problem.