Rotational Binary Ring
by avrgeek, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A ring that can be inscribed with a message in binary around the outer band. Very useful for "special" occasions.
This design was used to print the engagement ring for my then-girlfriend, but now-fiance. I can attest to the effectiveness of this design :) Several revisions were printed in several plastics from Shapeways. Frosted detail probably was the most impressive plastic version due to a slight transparency. White strong and flexible worked, but did not reproduce the engravings well. The silver print from Shapeways came out very well.
- Download the openscad file.
- Change the "text1" and "text2" variables to match the message you wish to encode. I used http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp to perform the translation.
- Render and print
- Present for special occation.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Rotational Binary Ring by avrgeek is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving avrgeek a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure avrgeek would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).