by jjb, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Uses leaf springs for folding net of cube from flat plywood.
1) I used 3mm birch plywood, and cut out the net on the lasercutter.
2) folding is simple and a flexible cube results. I was going to use this as a lampshade, but many 3D models can be based on these techniques.
I made a number of variants, with fewer leaf springs (it is very springy as given), and with cutouts on the faces.
Lasercut Cube by jjb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jjb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jjb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).