by jjb, published
Uses leaf springs for folding net of cube from flat plywood.
1) I used 3mm birch plywood, and cut out the net on the lasercutter.
2) folding is simple and a flexible cube results. I was going to use this as a lampshade, but many 3D models can be based on these techniques.
I made a number of variants, with fewer leaf springs (it is very springy as given), and with cutouts on the faces.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Lasercut Cube by jjb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jjb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jjb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).