by FloresLauraMayo, published
Hydron is a fully personalisable lamp, which projects imagery/text on the walls with light. You can alter it so that it shows or says something about you.
Check out our blog to see our full design process http://opendesignflm.tumblr.com
- Download the blue print
- Adjust the design to your own needs and wishes. Add your own patterns or words.
- Test the lasercutter to find the correct setting needed for 2mm cardboard. It will be different for different lasercutters. We used power 100, Speed 3 and PPI/Hz 1000.
- Cut out the net on the cardboard using the lasercutter
- Save the letters - you can do something with those
- Assemble the net (without glue) and fold all fold lines
- Glue the net together - we found that wood glue worked well
- When the net is dry, insert your choice of lighting.
- Find a dark place so that you can experiment with the light.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
By downloading this thing, you agree to abide by the license: Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike
Download All Files (973 kb zip file)