Universal mobile device stand (Stronger)
by erossman, published
Inspired by the excellent work of member LightningPhil http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:15435 , I made some modifications to his design to help add some strength to the vertical sections. Phil's design was re-drawn to print the arms of the stand laying down.
The phone version (**S2.stl) fits my Galaxy S2 in it's bulky case.
The tablet version(**N7.stl) fits both my wife's iPad2 and my Nexus 7 (both in their respective covers).
More uses I have found for the larger (N7) version:
- Wireless keyboard stand for tucking the HTPC keyboard away when not in use.
- iPad stand (I have fitted an iPad2 and an iPad mini)
- Cookbook stand
The tablet version of these files (**N7.stl) are designed to take sheet metal screws to assemble.
The phone version of these files (**S2.stl) just need a touch of superglue to assemble (I used Loctite 414).
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Universal mobile device stand (Stronger) by erossman is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure erossman would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).