Loading
Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!

#Gopro MTB handlebar mount

by Henkbanaan, published

#Gopro MTB handlebar mount by Henkbanaan Nov 14, 2012

Description

With this handlebar mount you can mount your Gopro Hero camera on the handlebar of your mountain bike.

I've designed this handelbar mount for rough terrain, so it has thick edges and two mounting surfaces that attach to the handlebar. The mount also has a horizontal bar that prevents the mount from tilting down due to hard impacts or vibrations. The dimensions of the mount are about 8,4 cm (w) x 8,6 cm (h) x 7,24 cm (d). The total volume of all the parts is 253,92 mc3. The STL files are checked and repaired with Netfabb.

I don't have a 3D printer yet, so I hope that someone prints out my design and makes some good use of it! If you do print my mount I would really like to see some pictures of the result and some gopro footage!

Recent Comments

view all

You can load the .stl files in netfabb and measure all the dimensions you need. But i think it will be difficult to put it on a motorcycle handelbar

If you would, please post more details on the dimensions of the handlebars this is designed for. It drew my interest for use on a motorcycle, but the bar circumference is likely different, as well as the way the bars are affixed to the neck.

Thanx man! To bad i can not try the mount out for myself though :)

More from Camera

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

-Besides the printed parts, you need 4 bolts (5,6 mm thread, 9,8 mm cap) and 4 nuts (5,6 mm thread, 9,8 mm);
-Put some rubber (old inner bike tube) between the mounting surfaces and the handlebar. This gives more grip and reduces vibrations;

Please feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments!

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

SPyKER on Jan 30, 2013 said:

If you would, please post more details on the dimensions of the handlebars this is designed for. It drew my interest for use on a motorcycle, but the bar circumference is likely different, as well as the way the bars are affixed to the neck.

Henkbanaan on Feb 3, 2013 said:

You can load the .stl files in netfabb and measure all the dimensions you need. But i think it will be difficult to put it on a motorcycle handelbar

obooth on Nov 19, 2012 said:

That's really nice dude!

Henkbanaan on Nov 19, 2012 said:

Thanx man! To bad i can not try the mount out for myself though :)

Top