Adjustable Z Endstop for Prusa Mendel
by tosjduenfs, published
A precise and backlash free adjustable endstop for Prusa Mendel.
For this endstop you'll need:
- 10-24 threaded rod approx 50mm
- three 10-24 nuts
- five #10 washers
- two 4mm smooth rods approx 31mm
- two 4-40 x .25" screws
- one 4-40 x 0.75" screw and nut
- one stiff spring that will fit over the threaded rod
Print out one of each part. Drill the top part of the adjustment mechanism to exactly 4mm so the rods slide well but are held tightly. Also lubricating the rods with vaseline helps with the movement.
Assemble per the pictures. The 4-40 x 0.25" screws will thread directly into the plastic.
As it is shown, it is capable of 5mm of vertical travel.
The holes for the limit switch are spaced 19mm apart.
Sorry it doesn't look too good in the pictures, I tried printing it way too fast.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Adjustable Z Endstop for Prusa Mendel by tosjduenfs is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving tosjduenfs a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure tosjduenfs would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).