by jjb, published
Takes a flat strong plate and turns it into a moebius strip with only one side and one edge.
I lasercut these from 3mm birch plywood, of 3.5mm perspex.
1) For the plywood it can all be cut in a single pass.
2) For the perspex, the heating from the lasercutter deforms the leafsprings so it has to be cut in alternating passes, waiting for a minute in between each to allow the perspex to cool in between each. The colours in the dxf can be used to select which pass you are on.
3) After cutting, bend two of the sections towards you, and then reverse the other section, mesh the tabs and clip them into place.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Moebius strip by jjb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jjb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jjb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).