Wedding Cake Topper
by Erik, published
I'm getting married!!! Our guests get a piece of cake. But on every decent cake, there should be a cake topper! I wanted a personal cake topper. While looking on the Google 3D warehouse I found several, but none were satisfactory. I wanted a simpler model that was solid and which had a personal touch. The result is this (parametric) model with the following modules: bride, groom, arm, leg and hat. Everything is made from spheres, cylinders and cubes, as you can see in the exploded view.
I made a little movie in OpenShot that documents the process:
With some more details on my blog post here:
The groom, without the hat is really a generic \'man\' figure. So you can reuse it and tweak the orientation of the arms and legs.
- Print the bridge and groom and the hat.
- Glueing them onto a piece of acrylic keeps their relative positions correct
- Use your wife-to-be\'s nail polish, with permission! (skin color)
- Press on the hat, glue it on to be sure you don\'t lose it.
- A little flower can be the finishing touch!
- The \'explode\' openSCAD file uses the variable \"explode\" to increase or decrease the spreading of the parts that is used in the animated view that OpenSCAD offers. The export images features gives you a range of .png\'s that you can import as a movie in OpenShot.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Wedding Cake Topper by Erik is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Erik a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Erik would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).