Desktop Laser Turret with Kinect Head Tracking
by eried, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Protect yourself with this badass desktop laser turret.
Hit every Cornea of your enemy thanks to the depth tracking in Kinect.
Remember to use protection goggles based on your laser wavelength!
- The laser adaptor works with any cheap DX.com laser, the current one is a 200 mW green laser but tweaked (internal potentiometer). Sketchup files are included if you need to tweak the adaptor, the hole is for the cable of the laser module.
- Print and assemble the turret. I used epoxy adhesive to assemble the servo clips on the printed pieces.
- Arduino Code (Servo handling): https://github.com/eried/LaserTurretKinect/blob/master/Arduino/LaserTurretKinect.ino
- Kinect Code (in progress, Head tracking uses the MS SDK, I am still thinking on making an auto calibration routine, i.e. finding a flashing laser dot or just a manual calibration): https://github.com/eried/LaserTurretKinect/tree/master/Binaries
Desktop Laser Turret with Kinect Head Tracking by eried is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving eried a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure eried would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).