Mendel Filament guide
by jwilson, published
Fillament guide for a RepRap Mendel for a spool mounted above.
Uses a PTFE(Teflon) insert to guide the filament at low friction, i will add a printed version of this at a later date but i strongly advise using PTFE!
This helps keep a nice bend radius and stop you damaging your fillament!
1) Make a PTFE(Teflon) disk, 20mm in diameter with a 3mm hole for the filament and at least 2mm thick
2) Press disk into slot, use some glue if necesary
3) Attach to end of top bars on the repRap, one bar shoul protrude more, this one goes through the hole and the other one fits in the slot.
4)Feed Fillament as shown in photo.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Mendel Filament guide by jwilson is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jwilson a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jwilson would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).