Easy to remove from heated platform
by MakiYoshida, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I'm introducing the easy way to remove printed models from heated playform, that I tried.
If use this method, you don't need to wait that the heated platform is getting cold.
Also, You don't need to rip the model off with brute force.
- Cut a stainless plate(0.1mm) to 10cm x 10cm.
- Cover with Kapton sheet on stainless plate surface. ( Before you use Kapton sheet, must sanded down it with some 220 grit sandpaper )
- Clip stainless plate on heated platform.
- Print any models as usual.
- After finish printing, remove models with stainless plate.
- Bend stainless plate little bit, you can remove the model easily.
There are no screw head bumps on my own heated platform - Absolutely flat surface. I'm using a flat top bolt instead of a hexagonal Head.
If you will use Makerbot version of heated platform, you must cut steinless plate off around bolt position for attach to platform.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Easy to remove from heated platform by MakiYoshida is licensed under the Public Domain license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving MakiYoshida a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure MakiYoshida would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).