Loading

Minimalist Soap Dish v1.0

by Nath, published

Minimalist Soap Dish v1.0 by Nath Nov 20, 2012

Description

A smallish soap dish. All smooth and minimalist-y.
Sized it off the "Dove" moisturiser-soap bars (which come in a 80x60x35mm box).

Newer version: thingiverse.com/thing:35671

Recent Comments

view all

Rats. I actually printed V1.1, but just notice my comment was on the wrong version.

Noitced soap on the counter, searched it up, downloaded and printed it! (0.125mm, White ABS, 10% infill) I put it out, and my wife says, "It's very nice, but there was a soap dish under the sink." Finding a soap dish under the sink is SOOO last millennia. We live in the 21st century now, maam.

So the v1_0 is very snugly shaped for a bar of dove soap. Would suggest scaling it up if you want bigger bars of soap, although I'm not sure if the shape of it will work for completely square type soap..
The drainage hole is kinda handy - you simply lift the holder as you let go of the soap and it drains it nicely.

More from Bathroom

view more

Makes

Liked By

view all

License

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Note: see newer version 1.1 at thingiverse.com/thing:35671

First try at something a bit more smooth (and as a muck around in Autodesk 123D Beta).

Printing - I just went with the defaults for makerbot replicator 2 - makerware - medium settings and it looks ok. Didn't bother with a raft or supports - but it is at about a 45 degree angle if your printer has trouble with that sort of gradient.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

rahotep on Feb 4, 2013 said:

Rats. I actually printed V1.1, but just notice my comment was on the wrong version.

rahotep on Feb 3, 2013 said:

Noitced soap on the counter, searched it up, downloaded and printed it! (0.125mm, White ABS, 10% infill) I put it out, and my wife says, "It's very nice, but there was a soap dish under the sink." Finding a soap dish under the sink is SOOO last millennia. We live in the 21st century now, maam.

Nath on Nov 21, 2012 said:

So the v1_0 is very snugly shaped for a bar of dove soap. Would suggest scaling it up if you want bigger bars of soap, although I'm not sure if the shape of it will work for completely square type soap..
The drainage hole is kinda handy - you simply lift the holder as you let go of the soap and it drains it nicely.

Top