(moved) Stronger - Yet Another Extruder Filament Drive
by MarcusWolschon, published
THIS DESIGN HAS BEEN MOVED TO YOUMAGINE:
Stronger idler arm for "Yet another extruder filament drive"
(Extruder for Thing-o-Matic and earlier Makerbot Industries printers)
- thicker front side
- gave proper names to parametric steps
- LONG HOLE, so the pressure bolt can come at an angle
- wider long hole, so an M4 bolt can move freely
- round hole for bearing (more strength)
- reshaped sides for added strength
- wider hole for 608Z bearing
- wider axis hole for 608Z bearing
- thicker idler arm
- larger base plate to attach idler arm to
- wider mounting nut holes
- gave names to many parametric operations
- long stepper motor mounting holes to perfectly align
- ever so slightly smaller mounting blocks
- allow longer extruder mounting bolts then required
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
Print "_nosupport.stl" directly (already oriented correctly and centered)
or the old way (oriented sideways) with breakaway-support and with "_support.stl".
Print the body of the original extruder and assemble.
You can use Jag's quick release or a spring with 2 washers on the long pressure bolt/threaded rod.
Tested and works very well on a Thing-o-Martic as an MK6 replacement.
Print with lots of infill! (0.8 works well)
Parts are in INCHES (sorry, it's a derived design and the original was in inches).