MCB - Mars City Base
by 3d-ds, published
Live in style while you are on the "Red Planet".
All the comforts of home to make living in such a remote place habitable. MCB is designed to be a self sustained base while protecting itself from the harsh environment outside.
Key design features include:
- Elevated off the ground with wind deflection underneath
- Cylindrical Wind Turbine around the base to harvest the directed wind.
- Fully enclosed living area - Multiple pane windows keep the living area secured while letting sunlight soak into the Agriculture plots.
- Agricultural plots for planting food, livestock, and of course trees.
- Freshwater storage in the means of a pond located at city central.
- Enough housing for a small city, located above the Agricultural plots. If your stuck on Mars, at least you'll have a great view.
- Scientific and Communications Equipment located on the roof while minimally shielded.
- Observation & Main control tower located at the top.
Printed in ABS using these settings:
- NO SUPPORTS NEEDED!!
- Infill = 20%
- 2 solid top/bottom layers
- 2 perimeters
I purposely left the joints have some wiggle room so less time cleaning up the parts after the printing. Once you have all the pieces printed, use superglue (or glue of your choice) to attach the parts to one another.
Use masking tape to temporarily hold the pieces in place; then glue (see pictures for reference).