Filament spool bearing-ring hub
by rtrski, published
This is a simple hub that lets you press-fit a skate bearing into it, to mount on a 5/16th threaded rod, and provide a much lower friction filament supply than just putting your spool over a toilet paper holder or a piece of PVC.
The part should be about right to press over a bearing ring with a vise, or just with good pressure on a solid flat surface. The four little nubs on the inner perimeter are on purpose for a good friction fit.
The outermost diameter should fit into the 'stepped' portion of the spool ends for the filament spools from Solidoodle. The longer extending cylinder should penetrate into the spool a bit further.
- I print two of these, a couple of flange pieces for atop the PVC extensions (see pics, to be uploaded soon), and use a piece of about 12" 5/16 x 18 threaded rod with nuts and a couple washers to create a great freespinning filament supply for my Solidoodle v2.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Filament spool bearing-ring hub by rtrski is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure rtrski would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).