Koch Snowflake Vase 1
by sphynx, published
A simple vase/tea light (LED only!) or hollow form based on a Koch Snowflake with 3 iterations.
The vase is in the file 01kVase.stl. Prints out great on my Ultimaker with no fill and a wall thickness of 0.8. If you want an open vase, stop the print just before it tries to close it off. I use these as tea lights with Flicker LEDs from Evil Mad Scientist. See http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34791.
See CuraSettings.jpg for the Cura settings.
To play about with this design, download the following files into the same directory:
1) 01kVase.scad - the vase.
2) koch2D.scad - the code for Koch Snowflakes.
3) Koch1.dxf, Koch2.dxf, Koch3.dxf and Koch4.dxf - the actual Snowflakes as DXF files.
The DXF files contain 2D Koch Snowflakes generated in Wolfram Mathematica. If you have Mathematica (http://www.wolfram.co.uk/mathematica-home-edition/), the notebook is in the file KockSnowflakes.nb.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Koch Snowflake Vase 1 by sphynx is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure sphynx would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).