Extra height version of Pi Box
by grayal, published
This is an extra height version of Adafruit's Pi Box so that there is room to add a RaspyJuice board over the GPIO pins with extra slots for the servo leads and power leads to fit in.
The RaspyJuice is an 'add-on' board for the Raspberry Pi which makes it easy to power by battery and drive servos. See http://code.google.com/p/raspy-juice/ for more details.
I had it cut by http://www.razorlab.co.uk so the .svg file is on their template and design guidelines.
Adafruit Pi Box - Enclosure for Raspberry PiÂ® Computers
Adafruit invests time and resources providing this open source design, please support Adafruit and open-source hardware by purchasing products from Adafruit!
Creative Commons Attribution, Share-Alike
I started from the Adafruit template (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:24461) and modified it for inkscape (to mm) as per the comments there. I extended the height and added some extra slots.
There are a couple of issues with the current design template that I'll fix on next version:
- The case is very tight, probably as a result of the conversion on import.
- A couple of the new slots need adjusting in location slightly now that I've tried it with wires.
- I haven't tried the text etching so was cut without.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Extra height version of Pi Box by grayal is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving grayal a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure grayal would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).