Loading

Aluminum Deathstar

by matt_johnson63, published

Aluminum Deathstar by matt_johnson63 Nov 22, 2012
0 Share
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Order This Printed View All Apps

Thing Info

12714Views 665Downloads Found in Scans & Replicas
Report Thing

Summary

designed, printed, and cast in Al all within ~3.5 hours!

Instructions

This was scaled to 50%.

Lytro picture here: https://pictures.lytro.com/racecar73/pictures/451171

More from Scans & Replicas

view more

Thing Info

12714Views 665Downloads Found in Scans & Replicas
Report Thing

Liked By

View All

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

All Apps

This App connects Thingiverse with Makeprintable, a cloud-based mesh repair service that analyzes, validates and repairs most common mesh errors that can occur when preparing a 3D design file for p...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

With 3D Slash, you can edit 3d models like a stonecutter. A unique interface: as fun as a building game! The perfect tool for non-designers and children to create in 3D.

App Info Launch App

Hi. What temperature did you use to do the burn out? When we tried it last time, we did not get it hot enough and ended up having nasty black stuff on the outside of the piece.

i burn out at 1100 to 1400F in a vented kiln. you want to have the side down where the ash can accumulate and not be a issue for best surface detail.

I was sand casting, so the only burnout was when the molten aluminum went in. Lots of bubbles, smoke, and fire but it seemed to work well. My intent was to make 2, the 1st one via removing the two halves of the print from the sand, and the 2nd leaving the print in and burning it out with the aluminum. Unfortunately, I didn't pack the molds tight enough on my 1st try and one half fell apart - so I just did part 2...

Top