Angled Pillow Block
by rrhb, published
I use two of these to mount my filament spool to the top of my OpenBeam Rostock. This makes the printer very solid and portable, I can just grab the whole thing and toss it in my car. It feeds nicely,with a curved filament path right into the extruder.
They would be generally useful in any place where you want to mount a rod at an angle to the beam.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
As a filament spool holder:
- For a triangular printer, the default 30% angle is appropriate.
- Print a pair of these.
- Mount on beams with short bolts, but leave them a bit loose so you can adjust position and get the rod in.
- Print a pair of bearing inserts for your filament spool if you don't have them. Push a spool on bearing inserts. I used http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7475, but there's tons of them now on thingiverse.
- Put an 8mm or 5/16 threaded rod through the filament spool.
- Place rod through angled pillow blocks.
- Tighten pillow blocks.
The rod is friction fit, but it would be easy enough to drill a small hole for a grub screw to hold the rod.