Adjustable frame fan mount
by alik, published
This mount allows to mount a small 50x50 mm fan on one of the threaded rods (8mm) of RepRap-like 3D printers.
You can adjust fan position and orientation.
Also the models are parametric, so you can edit scad file to get exactly what you need.
I have two fans - one mounted on frame, and one on mounted on carriage (using this mount - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19076). I'm turning on fan mounted on frame manually for models with heavy overhangs or bridges, or when I need to cool form the other side.
To assemble this mount I've used:
- 1 M4 screw, nut and washer (to attach arm to frame holder);
- 7 M3 screws and nuts (to attach fan to fan holder, fan holder to arm, and for frame holder clamps);
- 2 M3 washers for frame holder clamps.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Adjustable frame fan mount by alik is licensed under the BSD License license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure alik would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).