by azuro, published
Here is my slingshot gun project. It's about 95% done. I still have to design a trigger mechanism to actually fire the thing. Also, I still have not thought up a good method for holding the projectile.
Work in progress. It still needs to have the "wishbone" actuator that goes around the bottom mount bolt and up to the "launch bridge". The intended bolt diameter is 3/8-16, which can be purchased
in 3 and 6 foot lengths at most hardware and home supply stores. For those not using a comically outdated measurement system, please use anything close in metric. BOM is below:
-The length of the rods can be adjusted to make the gun smaller if need be.
- qty. 2 threaded rods 3/8-16 dia. 17.6 inches long.
- qty. 1 threaded rod 3/8-16 dia. 30.00 inches long.
- qty 17 3/8-16 nuts. Washers optional, but would make for a cleaner build.
- qty 2 1/4-20 bolts-1.5 inches long.
- qty 2 1/4 20 nuts.
Surgical tubing of the desired length. I have not designed a basket to hold projectiles. This could be handled by the typical leather tab that you see on traditional wrist rockets and slingshots.
Such items can, most likely be purchased commercially at sporting goods stores.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
CATABOLT by azuro is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure azuro would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).