Faster slicing for ReplicatorG (PyPy)
by apexio, published
This makes slicing STL files two to five times faster when using ReplicatorG and Skeinforge.
This is done via an alternative Python interpreter (PyPy) which is much faster than the default one.
This is a pre-compiled version for Mac OS X only. You can download PyPy for other operating systems here: http://www.pypy.org/
Mac OS X Instructions:
1) Download disk image and double click to open it.
2) Drag the 'pypy-osx' folder to your Applications folder.
3) Open the ReplicatorG Preferences and click the 'Advanced' tab. Click 'Select Python Interpreter'. Browse to the pypy binary in the folder copied in step 2: Applications -> pypy-osx -> bin -> pypy.
4) Close preferences and slice faster!
This should work on any Intel-based Mac. Xcode is not required!
Example slicing differences:
mini Barrel-O-Monkeys toy (thing:27553) went from 44 minutes to 4 minutes.
"Snake went from 2:02 to 46 seconds."
"Bracelet from 24 minutes to 7 minutes!!"
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Faster slicing for ReplicatorG (PyPy) by apexio is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving apexio a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure apexio would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).