laser cut labels
by mattvenn, published
makes cool laser cut labels for platic storage containers.
why this is cool:
- you can use this to make your own DXFs. The SVG->DXF pipeline seems to work well on the Bristol Hackspace laser cutter.
- you could link this program to a spreadsheet and automatically cut your own labels as you add new items.
- a good laser cutable font. I recommend this one 'Stencil Gothic JL'
- an old version of pysvg: http://code.google.com/p/pysvg/downloads/detail?name=pysvg-0.2.1.zip&can=2&q=
- some python modules that can query ttf fonts: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TTFQuery and http://sourceforge.net/projects/fonttools/?source=dlp
- an up to date version of pstoedit http://www.pstoedit.net/
then run from the command line
for a single label
./makeLabel.py --text "tape"
for a sheet, use a newline separated file of text
./makeLabel.py --file labelfile
full options listed by
latest version always on github: https://github.com/mattvenn/cad/blob/master/hackspace%20labels/makeLabel.py
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
laser cut labels by mattvenn is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mattvenn a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mattvenn would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).