Parametric Ring with Square Cutouts
by akaziuna, published
Fully parametric ring created with OpenSCAD.
Learn how to make it yourself in the OpenSCAD tutorial in Getting Started With MakerBot: shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026723.do
I have uploaded two versions of the code:
- - Version 1.0 is the basic version from the tutorial in the Getting Started With MakerBot book.
- - Version 2.0 is the same object, but the code creates the square cutouts using iteration over a vector of vectors (rotation).
Print with 2 extra shells for best finish results.
The rings shown were printed on a MakerBot Replicator in several different colors of MakerBot ABS (white, blue, black) and translucent red Ultimachine PLA.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric Ring with Square Cutouts by akaziuna is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving akaziuna a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure akaziuna would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).