by sneakypoo, published
As a bonus it has a very satisfying clack sound when you close it up ;)
Recent Commentsview all
After about 3 tries I got the core to work... Just flipped it in Makerware and I was all set... It was a bugger getting it off the build platform.
I've made them, but shell broke on the assembly... I'm thinking, maybe it would be better for shells to print horizontally, so minimizing chance of breaking?
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
UPDATE 2012-12-05: A few people reported issues with the STLs that prevented them from being properly sliced in slic3r. I have uploaded repaired STLs that should work better. Please use the STLs that end with "_repaired". I'll keep the old files around for a while just in case these new ones present other issues. Sorry about the troubles this may have caused.
The core can be printed without support without issues. If you have trouble getting it to stick to the bed try printing it upside down, the overhang will be a bit worse but will probably print ok with good cooling.
The shells however needs a bit of support for the nubs, rough/medium support in KISSlicer worked well for me, took under a minute to clean up. Either print individually or use the plate to print both at once.
To assemble simply force the shells over the core until they snap into place. Print the shells fairly solid so that they don't break on assembly. To minimize the risk of breaking do not pull at the protruding tabs, instead grab it like shown in the picture with the green arrow.
This copy was printed on an Ultimaker for those curious.
You must be logged in to post a comment.