Slic3r Thing-O-Matic Fix
by teppic, published
I now consider this to be obsolete. I get great results with a recent version of Slic3r, in combination with sailfish on my thing-o-matic, without any additional hacks. Try it out!
This is my Slic3r settings for Thing-O-Matic, including a postprocessing script to create the correct extrusion commands.
These settings works great for me, although I haven't really measured and calibrated the result yet. Feel free to share your experience and improvements!
Files are also available in this gist:
- Load the ini-file
- Place tomfix.py in the same directory as Slic3r.exe (on Linux you might have to add the entire absolute path to the script in slic3r's config)
- tweak your speeds and anything else you might want to.
- Generate g-code and check that the post-process script ran correctly (the first line should contain the following: "Processed with tomfix.py", otherwise you will have to check your console output for errors.
- Load g-code into ReplicatorG and press Build
Please note that the speeds are adapted for accelerated build with the jetty firmware. If you use the vanilla firmware, you will probably have to decrease the speeds a bit.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Slic3r Thing-O-Matic Fix by teppic is licensed under the Creative Commons - Public Domain Dedication license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure teppic would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).