Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Cap for Nikon F-Mount lenses
by sdraxler, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This cap is designed to fit on the back of Nikon F-Mount lenses. Its design is quite close to the original and it is quite sturdy.
This cap's design is close to the original. It is very sturdy and fits tightly to F-Mount lenses. This is how you reach the best result:
1) Use PLA instead of ABS. I printed a few on a Makerbot Replicator and ABS tended to warp quite badly, while PLA came out perfect with this design. But maybe you're luckier. (I typically print this one with these settings: Infill 20%, PLA at 185Â°C extruder and 60Â°C heated plate.
2) If the print is fine, you NEED to get some fine sandpaper (120 or finer) and sand the part that goes to your lens until it fits. I'll add a version that will fit out of the box. For now, if you sand it to the right measure, it will fit perfectly and the surface will be very smooth.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Cap for Nikon F-Mount lenses by sdraxler is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving sdraxler a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure sdraxler would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).