Loading

Dave's Modified AO Z-Upper Mount

by orgemd, published

Dave's Modified AO Z-Upper Mount by orgemd Dec 4, 2012

Description

I loved zerocool5878's modified AO Z Upper end. I found while using them, however, that one of my Z rods was not quite plumb. Fixing that involved carfully chiseling away part of the piece. This is a modified version that allows the mount to be slid to adjust plumb. To preserve the rigidity that I loved from the original, I added a diagonal brace as well as portions that slide into the aluminum extrusions. I am using the modified versions on my Mendelmax printer.

More from 3D Printer Parts

view more

Liked By

view all

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag

Instructions

Print the part and install. If you want to use the OpenSCAD file, you will need the original STL file from thing 26771 which this is based on. The OpenSCAD is not particularly parametric since it is just modifying an existing STL. If you want to use 8mm rods, you might be able to use the STL from the original AO object off which zerocool5878 based his version - but I have not tried that. This part installs by sliding in the ends of the upper rails, and then screwing down from the top. There are no longer screws driven into the ends of those extrusions. You will also need rod clamps, which you can get from the original part.

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Top