POWERWASP simple extruder upgrade
by Mgmatteo, published
Spring loaded pressure plate for uniform feed regardless of filament thickness
See it in action during a fast retraction http://youtu.be/HMMkCDL2KWM
More info in my blog: http://mcmos.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/power-wasp-extruder-upgrade/
What you need:
1 spring (11mm diameter)
1 M5 bolt longher than 7cm
2 printable caps
- cut the head of the bolt to obtain a 6cm long thread
- cut the spring and keep a 3,5com long piece
- print the two caps
- untwist the original retainer and substitute the threaded screw with the new one (longher)
- thread the lower cap, the spring and the upper cap
- put back the original retainer
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
POWERWASP simple extruder upgrade by Mgmatteo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure Mgmatteo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).