POWERWASP simple extruder upgrade
by Mgmatteo, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Spring loaded pressure plate for uniform feed regardless of filament thickness
See it in action during a fast retraction http://youtu.be/HMMkCDL2KWM
More info in my blog: http://mcmos.wordpress.com/2012/12/12/power-wasp-extruder-upgrade/
What you need:
1 spring (11mm diameter)
1 M5 bolt longher than 7cm
2 printable caps
- cut the head of the bolt to obtain a 6cm long thread
- cut the spring and keep a 3,5com long piece
- print the two caps
- untwist the original retainer and substitute the threaded screw with the new one (longher)
- thread the lower cap, the spring and the upper cap
- put back the original retainer
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
POWERWASP simple extruder upgrade by Mgmatteo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Mgmatteo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Mgmatteo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).