by roman_hegglin, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Q: What do you get if you cross a snowflake with a gimbal?
A: A gyroscopic snowflake!
It actually works!
Can there be any better Christmas decoration?
There are three variants:
-small , (Gimbal snowflake star small.STL)
-medium (Gimbal snowflake star.STL) and
-big (Gimbal snowflake.STL).
I made an other one: Small, shape of a snowflake and a little thinner. Quick to print.
(Gimbal snowflake small and flat.STL), see http://www.thingiverse.com/image:213186
If snowflakes within snowflakes (flakeception?) are a thing you are into, then check out my other snowflake thing: Shadowflake
- Print it (maybe scale it before).
- Gently twist the parts to release the parts from each other (be careful!).
- Attach some (invisible) string and hang it anywhere you like.
- Please give Feedback.
- Enjoy your gyroscopic / gimbal snowflake!
Gyroscopic Snowflake by roman_hegglin is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving roman_hegglin a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure roman_hegglin would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).