David SLS 3D-Scanner
by virtumake, published
VirtuMake is an Open-Source project. Please donate, if you like my work and want to keep the further development of my Open-Source hardware going on. virtumake.com
Thank You :)
Recent Commentsview all
Yes, I think they are fine. You can use your webcam after the mod. However, at least in my case, I lost the IR filter and the color isn't that nice anymore.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm looking to have a go at this and am searching for the proper lens.
Will these do?
Also, after the webcam has been modified, will it still work well for laser scanning and for general use?
Thanks for sharing this information.
Liked Byview all
Give a Shout Out
1) An ACER K11 LED Beamer: amazon.de/Acer-K11-LED-Projektor-Kontrast-2000/dp/B003M4O8IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354887596&sr=8-1
2) A Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam: amazon.de/Logitech-960-000482-Pro-9000-Webcam/dp/B002EL4LQ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1354887630&sr=1-1
3) A Macro Lens Kit for the Bearmer: ebay.at/itm/37mm-Nahlinsen-Set-4-TEILIG-Makro-Linse-MACRO-Etui-/300796435635?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Filter&hash=item4608dd5cb3#ht_2519wt_1139
4) A 12mm Lens for the Webcam: conrad.at/ce/de/product/754147/sygonix-CS-Objektiv-IR-Mega-12-mm-43191D
5) An Aluminum U-Profile 25x25 mm
6) Some screws and wingnuts to fix the Scanner and the Webcam on the Aluminum Profile
7) A Punched sheet of metal to shape the "U" that holds the webcam.
8) A Punched sheet of metal that holds the beamer on the Aluminum Profile
9) The Scanner Software: david-laserscanner.com/?section=Downloads
!!! Please note that you need the full version of David to save the result of the fusion process !!!
I) Dismantle the Webcam as shown in: ghonis2.ho8.com/Pro9000mod.html
II) Print the Webcam Box and the Webcam Tube
III) Fix the webcam board with its own screws in the webcam box.
IV) screw the 12mm lens into the webcam tube. Turn on the webcam. Find the optiumum distance between wecam and Lens. You will need to shorten the tube with an exacto knife to find the optimal distance.
V) Insert two screws inside the box and glue them. Glue the box and the tube with the lens.
VI) Shape the holder for the webcam (U) and fit the webcam in place.
VII) Drill holes into the U-Profile. The distances between the holes are from table (Step 2: Hardware Placement): david-laserscanner.com/wiki/david3_user_manual/structured_light
VIII) Glue the (Lens+2 - Macro Lens) on the Lens of the beamer.
IX) Mount the beamer on the U-Profile
IX) Mount the Scanner (Beamer, U-Profile, Webcam) on a tripod.
X) Follow the calibration instructions: david-laserscanner.com/wiki/david3_user_manual/structured_light
You must be logged in to post a comment.