We're excited and proud to launch Thingiverse Apps. Learn More about what this means to you.
I built a David SLS 3D-Scanner to scan faces on other high detailed objects. My Printer helped me a lot to put all parts together.
VirtuMake is an Open-Source project. Please donate, if you like my work and want to keep the further development of my Open-Source hardware going on. http://www.virtumake.com
Thank You :)
This is an instruction to build a David SLS 3D-Scanner by yourself:
2) A Logitech Pro 9000 Webcam: http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-960-000482-Pro-9000-Webcam/dp/B002EL4LQ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1354887630&sr=1-1
4) A 12mm Lens for the Webcam: http://www.conrad.at/ce/de/product/754147/sygonix-CS-Objektiv-IR-Mega-12-mm-43191D
5) An Aluminum U-Profile 25x25 mm
6) Some screws and wingnuts to fix the Scanner and the Webcam on the Aluminum Profile
7) A Punched sheet of metal to shape the "U" that holds the webcam.
8) A Punched sheet of metal that holds the beamer on the Aluminum Profile
9) The Scanner Software: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/?section=Downloads
!!! Please note that you need the full version of David to save the result of the fusion process !!!
I) Dismantle the Webcam as shown in: http://ghonis2.ho8.com/Pro9000mod.html
II) Print the Webcam Box and the Webcam Tube
III) Fix the webcam board with its own screws in the webcam box.
IV) screw the 12mm lens into the webcam tube. Turn on the webcam. Find the optiumum distance between wecam and Lens. You will need to shorten the tube with an exacto knife to find the optimal distance.
V) Insert two screws inside the box and glue them. Glue the box and the tube with the lens.
VI) Shape the holder for the webcam (U) and fit the webcam in place.
VII) Drill holes into the U-Profile. The distances between the holes are from table (Step 2: Hardware Placement): http://www.david-laserscanner.com/wiki/david3_user_manual/structured_light
VIII) Glue the (Lens+2 - Macro Lens) on the Lens of the beamer.
IX) Mount the beamer on the U-Profile
IX) Mount the Scanner (Beamer, U-Profile, Webcam) on a tripod.
X) Follow the calibration instructions: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/wiki/david3_user_manual/structured_light
David SLS 3D-Scanner by Bernhard_3D is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
So what's this mean?
We're sure Bernhard_3D would love to see what you've printed - take a photo and share it on Thingiverse as a Make.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. You can also download the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store) to take a photo and upload your Make right from the app!