Craft Cutter holder for QuickFit Carriage
by rrhb, published
With this item, you can use the quickfit carriage to hold a craft cutter blade. These blades are very thin rotating blades that can cut paper, light duty plastics, vinyl, etc.
- A replacement craft cutting blade.
- A replacement cutting mat with a tacky surface -or- the separate tacky surface and mat.
- A way to generate an outline GCODE file (Inkscape & the Unicorn Plugin)
- An installed QuickFit carriage (although this one could be modified to mount directly - let me know if there's demand for that I can make that change).
Don't attempt until your printer is well dialed in. The tolerance for cutting through a single sheet of paper (and nothing else) is very tight.
- Print this item
- Insert craft cutter blade, tighten in with bolt and nut
- Place paper on top of tacky cutting mat, and then on top of printer bed.
- Clamp everything down with clips.
- Adjust z-height so craft blade penetrates the paper but no deeper.
- Generate an outline GCODE file. There are a variety of ways: A common favorite is the Inkscape Unicorn PlugIn, but it's also possible to generate it from an SCAD!
This is a work in progress because there are two ways to insert the craft cutter blade. One tends to squeeze the cutter house and deforms it a bit, making it not as a stable, but the other mounting direction doesn't quite clear the rather deep quick x-carriage.
Maybe one of you will have some thoughts?
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Craft Cutter holder for QuickFit Carriage by rrhb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure rrhb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).