Loading

Ultimate Cupcake or Thing-O-Matic upgrade Plates

by PacManFan, published

Ultimate Cupcake or Thing-O-Matic upgrade Plates by PacManFan Dec 8, 2012

Description

I went ahead and plated up the various DXF's from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35372 . There are 3 plates that measure 2'x3' (609.6 mm X 914.4 mm) and 2 plates that measure 1'x2' (304.8 X 609.6)

These plates should fit nicely on a variet of laser cutting machines.

Recent Comments

view all
I think jetguy removed it, I've been hunting for utom info.
What happened to the original thing?
You'll have to re-plate everything to fit the lasercutter of your choice.

More from DIY

view more

Liked By

view all

Tags

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag. Print Thing Tag
What happened to the original thing?
I think jetguy removed it, I've been hunting for utom info.
Hey guys, been following this project and finally thinking of pulling the trigger. Are these plates the latest verisons, or should I rebuild from Barrychuck's files on the main project site?
You'll have to re-plate everything to fit the lasercutter of your choice.
You should get the latest from barrychuck. I haven't updated these since he reposted.
Thanks, I need to post an update tonight so sorry for some minor changes. It's mostly cleanup, not so much a massive change. There are lots of tiny errors such as lines not joined etc.. in those older files. They cut fine, but not "perfect". Again, sorry but i have been working on this day and night. FYI I've asked Ultimachine to create a hardware bundle to build these outs.

Thanks for supporting this project!!! I'm just trying to help create a better machine for everyone.
Changes posted on my thing. Sorry, I knew you put some effort into plating, but the newer files are worth the effort. If you want, I can break it down by assembly in plates too. For example, I do not expect to change the Z stage anytime soon. The basic bot didn't change, just minor cosmetic issues surrounding the larger power supply. Also, I need to update the Mk6 adapter page, the extruder motor needs to be centered rather than offset for the printed fan adapter to work. The original build plate would hit the USB connector as the Z stage came down, and a few other very minor issues in the original files. None of them show stoppers, just not ideal for a production design.
I'll have to take a few minutes to update the files with the new edits and re-post. My plan was to get this laser-cut this past weekend, but that didn't happen. Now I'll have a chance to get the latest.
Sorry for all the delays but you will be very happy. Also, if you catch anything you think should be changed, hit me up and we'll fix the design.
Top