Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
by fma, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a proof of concept of a strong rotation module, which can be used in various robotic systems.
An example is given as png image. This is a new yaw rotation for the IMU tracker a friend is building:
The idea is to use a Thrust Ball Bearing as rotation base. Parts are guided and maintained with a Shoulder Screw.
Where to buy:
- Shoulder screw: http://cgi.ebay.fr/6mm-M5-X-16-Allen-Cap-Shoulder-Screw-Bolts-4-PACK-/400166933939
- Bearing: http://cgi.ebay.fr/ROULEMENT-A-BILLES-MR126-2RS-6X12X4-2-pcs-BEARINGS-/180323261669
- Thrust Ball Bearing: http://www.vxb.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=bearings&Product_Code=Kit8672
About scad files: you need the bearing.scad file from mcad library. I uploaded it here, because I added a new bearing (126) model. You need to add this line in the bearingDimensions() function:
model == 126 ? [6mm, 12mm, 4*mm]:
Rotation module by fma is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving fma a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure fma would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).