Parametric iPhone 5 Dock
by powidl, published
This is a derivative of the OpenJSCad iPhone 5 dock, with a slightly larger tab at the back, a gap for the home button, and a completely enclosed channel for the lightning cable.
To create the STL file, launch Google Chrome or Firefox and go to:
Then drag&drop the .jscad file into the box.
The jscad has configurable parameters for:
- margin around the iphone (for if it is in a case)
- margin around the dock connector: 0.5 mm gives a tight fit in my case (RepRap Prusa at 0.1mm layer height)
- to add a mouse ear at one end, to prevent warping
You can change these settings in the browser, press Update and then Get STL to get your customised STL file.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Parametric iPhone 5 Dock by powidl is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
We're sure powidl would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).