Parametric iPhone 5 Dock
by powidl, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a derivative of the OpenJSCad iPhone 5 dock, with a slightly larger tab at the back, a gap for the home button, and a completely enclosed channel for the lightning cable.
To create the STL file, launch Google Chrome or Firefox and go to:
Then drag&drop the .jscad file into the box.
The jscad has configurable parameters for:
- margin around the iphone (for if it is in a case)
- margin around the dock connector: 0.5 mm gives a tight fit in my case (RepRap Prusa at 0.1mm layer height)
- to add a mouse ear at one end, to prevent warping
You can change these settings in the browser, press Update and then Get STL to get your customised STL file.
Parametric iPhone 5 Dock by powidl is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving powidl a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure powidl would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).