TOM ABP Side Replacement
by skywurz, published
TOM (Thing-O-Matic) ABP (Automated Build Platform) Replacement Side
As most of us my ABP side cracked. I could not find a replacement side i was willing to print and use, so i made an exact replacement that was printable. I have included files one is the original that is in the pics of both parts printed at once. I ran into quality issues with this and have split the files up for better quality. i have test printed the individual parts and it took care of the quality issues i had. I am using a heated build platform at 110C and have not seen issues with the ABS side.(Please ignore the tie-wraps holding my belt this is a temp fix due to the print quality issue i had) I hope to tweak this some more so there is less prep-work. I hope to add more pics of better results.
- print the two parts (I.E. abp side 1 R.STL & abp side 2 R.STL or abp side 1 L.STL & abp side 2 L.STL)
2 . Glue together (I melted mine together with acetone)
- File the slots so they will fit (It did not take me to long to file the slots so they would fit there is allot of material that has to be removed. I used the original side to make sure my slots where lined up right or it will mess with the levelness of your platform)
- Check Clearances!!!!
I take no responsibility for any damage fire death or flood that may occur.
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
TOM ABP Side Replacement by skywurz is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving skywurz a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure skywurz would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).