by DrewTM, published
A tiny turret that doesn't shoot anything yet, just aims a little plastic stick around. I may glue a super-bright LED to the end of it.
This is three parts, and it requires two super-cheap servos from HobbyKing http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7476__Turnigy_1370A_Servo_3_7g_0_4kg_10sec.html
The base is tricky; mine didn't print very well but I fixed the baked-in support structure so that hopefully yours prints better.
1) attach the 'gun' to the (large single-sided) upper horn, but leave the horn off of the servo
2) slide the upper servo into the turret and anchor it with a little piece of wire through the wire anchor hole
3) slide the servo-horn/'gun' assembly through the assembly notch and attach it to the upper servo by sticking a screwdriver through the screwdriver hole
4) screw the lower servo horn (large double-sided) onto the bottom of the turret, making sure it's exactly lined up in the center. the horn should be perpendicular to the long axis of the turret.
5) slide the lower servo into the slot in the base, running the servo wires through their respective holes and out the bottom
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
Servo Turret by DrewTM is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving DrewTM a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure DrewTM would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).